🔴 Bowling Pro Tip: How to Make More 10 Pins
📣 Shoot spares like the pros with our FREE Spare Shooting Guide:
🎬 Join our NEW Online Community – Backstage Bowling!
🗣 Talk to the coaches every day and receive instant feedback about your game.
✅ SAVE $20 on an Annual Subscription with CODE: SAVE20
• Shannon O'Keefe is a two-time Professional Women's Bowling Association (PWBA) Player of the Year & a five-time Collegiate Coach of the Year at McKendree University. She is also a member of the Hammer pro staff.
• Follow the PWBA at PWBA.COM.
• Follow McKendree University Women's Bowling at MCKBearcats.com.
• Check out Hammer's products at Hammerbowling.com
• In this learn to bowl video, Coach Shannon shows you how to pick up more corner pins by flattening out your wrist.
• Check back weekly for more informative tips to help you bowl better on Tuesdays & Thursdays from the coaches at Backstage Bowling.
► Subscribe to our channel here:
🎳 SUPPORT US! Save 15% on our Merch at InsideBowling.com with code: YOUTUBE
► Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook.
Business or Media, please contact us at:
12 Comments on “Bowling Pro Tip: How to Make More 10 Pins”
Great tip, is posible us with others spare?
It certainly can be used any time you have a spare that you need throw straight at. For me that is every single pin spare except the 5 pin, and most multi-pin spares. For most bowlers on a typical house pattern this is only needed for the 6, 10, and the 6-10, as well as the mirror image for the lefties. I also think it helps on the 3-6-10, reducing the chance of chopping off the 3 pin.
That’s good idea!
Love tip Tuesday
I will be adding the pinky finger tip for a try next time out. Thanks
I tend to use what we call the handbag position so I turn my wrist and point my thumb down. But hey it is a good tip. Thank you
I do flatten out my wrist for 10 pins and I do separate my pinky from ring finger. But, I have never had it in mind to aim that V toward the pin. Thank you. I will definitely try that tip tomorrow.
I will be trying this tip today in my senior Scratch league. Thank you Shannon 😊 💓
So if we use a spare ball. We throw it the same as our strike ball, just a different area ?
Can you send a picture of what your hand looks like on the ball?
Flat hand is needed in a spare ball on house league conditions too.
What? One ball?
I bring 4 on league night. I show up looking like a scratch bowler. Psych the other team.
Most nights I use 3.Mix for spares, Electrify hybrid the first 1.5-2. Usually end up with the Burner solid at the end. Lefty, so my kryptonite is the 7.